Sign in to follow this  
don2412

Nemanja Matic refuses to wear a poppy

don2412    14

I note with dismay that Nemanja Matic refuses to wear a poppy at the Manchester derby on Remembrance Sunday. How can he be allowed to show such disrespect for a country that provides him with a safe, and very lucrative, environment in which to live.  If he cannot show that respect, then he should go somewhere else – he is not wanted here. In the meantime, the Manager should deselect him from the benches, and bar him from the ground.  I liken him to a leech – something that takes but gives nothing back. Shame on him!!!

steve armour    135

he is not the only player to refuse to wear the poppy, its being going on for years with pro footballers, a prime example is james maclean of stoke city he has never wore one since coming from ireland, nothing is done and nothing is said, football now is just a money making business, 

Dusty362    3

As much as it pains me to say it, our ancestors died so that we could have free choice without being judged.

brigham600    2

Whilst it does dismay me personally that he chooses not to wear a poppy, it is the freedom of speech and choice given to him by many like our good selves which allows him to make that choice

• Like 1

don2412    14

Oddly enough, I have no problem with a British Citizen refusing to wear one - but it riles me that a foreigner comes here, takes our money, accepts our hospitality, and then abuses that hospitality by insulting us!  If they cannot show some respect for a nation that is providing them with such a safe and lucrative way of life,  then they should pi**-off and go somewhere else!